We don't use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site (including in terms linking to the site).
Collection, storage and use of personal information
There is need to disclose personal information. You can use the site without disclosing any personal information.
Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose personal information to us when you contact us or in submission forms (to be added at a later date). This information can be viewed by site administrators, staff and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the site, or who work on special projects with us.
Don't send us sensitive personal information or include any sensitive personal information in submission forms.
Use of personal information
We'll only use information provided to us for the purpose of:
- administering, evaluating and improving the site;
- improving our services; and
- communicating with you, by providing notice of changes to the site (updates).
Statistical information and cookies
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- the first three parts of the IP address of the device
- the pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- the date and time the site was visited
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- the operating system (for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX) on the device used
- the type of web browser used (for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
Records and disclosure statement
Your emails and contributions through the site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. The Royal Commission of Inquiry may also need to disclose those materials under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or parliament in response to a parliamentary question.
If you have a privacy complaint
If you're not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10094
Freephone: 0800 803 909 (NZ only)
Phone: +64 4 474 7590
Fax: +64 4 474 7595